Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q208: Can I challenge the fixed penalty notice?

Yes, you can plead not guilty to the fixed penalty notice; there will be information on how to so on the reverse of the ticket. The police cannot offer legal advice on this so we would suggest that you seek legal support from a solicitor (please see link to the Citizens Advice Bureau in related information).

You will still be required to produce your documents at your chosen police station but you can retain your licence and the ticket. You will then be sent a summons in due course with a date for the court hearing. For any further enquiries relating to a fixed penalty notice, you will need to contact the Central Ticket Office within your local police force.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


Web Sites