Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q20: My cat is trapped in an empty house, what can I do?

    The police do not have the authority to break into a house to rescue a stranded cat. Try and entice the cat out with food or try and find the owner of the property. If all else fails contact the RSPCA (Tel 0300 1234 999). However, they have limited resources and will only help if the animal is in immediate danger. It is more than likely that when the cat gets hungry it will leave the house the same way it got in.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question