Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q195: Can I find out the result of the court case for which I was a witness?

    Yes you can. Witness Care Units have been set up nationally. Each unit will have witness liaison officers who will keep witnesses informed of how the case is progressing.

    It may a few weeks before the defendant is sentenced (if found/pleaded guilty) because often the Probation Service (and other bodies) are required to do a pre-sentence report which gives the court some advice on the sentencing.

    For more information please see the websites in related information. There is a link to the 'Help for Victims' website and a Youtube guide to the website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites