Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q193: Can I have an interpreter if I have to go to Court?

    Yes. If you are a witness, you can have an interpreter. If you received a letter warning you for court, it should contain a section about interpreters and other special requirements. If you did not receive a letter then contact the Witness Liaison Department (the name of this department may vary from force to force) who will be able to arrange an interpreter for you.

    If you are a defendant and you had an interpreter during your police interview then the police will inform the court that you need an interpreter. If you did not have an interpreter during the police interview but feel that you need one for the court appearances then inform your solicitor who will in turn notify the court.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites