Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q184: I want to change my bail conditions, how do I do it?

    If you are on police bail with conditions (i.e. you were given the bail conditions at the police station) and have not yet appeared at court then you must return to the police station where you were bailed and ask the Custody officer if they are willing to alter your conditions.

    If the court has given you bail conditions, then it is the court who alter the conditions. The police cannot alter bail conditions given at court. You will need to get in touch with a solicitor who will arrange a court hearing to vary your conditions.

    Please note that in both situations your request will not automatically be granted, the court and the custody officer will consider the application before making a decision.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question