Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q175: I am a foreign national do I have to register with the police?

    Your passport will be endorsed on entry to the UK if you are required to register. Each police force has a department that deals with foreign nationals and listed below are countries whose nationals are generally required to register. This list is not exhaustive and any foreign national can be required to register with the police if it is considered necessary by the relevant authorities.

    Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question