Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q152: Local youths keep knocking on my door and running away/throwing eggs at my window, what can I do?

    It is possible that this type of behaviour could constitute harassment (see Related Information). However, it would probably be best if you first made contact with your local neighbourhood policing team who may be aware of other incidents and know the identity of the youths involved (if you don't). Police Community Support Officers are a valuable source of information.

    The officers may be able to consider applying for civil injunctions or Criminal Behaviour Orders if the same youths are persistently causing a community problem with these types of nuisance activities. You should be aware that these types of problems are not solved overnight, a lot of hard work is required by both officers and members of the community to combat anti social behaviour.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question