Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q143: I have been assaulted by my ex partner/partner, what should I do?

    If you have been assaulted and want to report it to the police, even if you do not have any visible injuries, then you should contact your local police force and report the incident.

    If you have been assaulted by your ex partner/partner and you are 16 and over, this will be treated as domestic violence and the police take a very positive stance against domestic violence, see questions Q108 and Q109 for more information.

    Some other useful telephone numbers are -

    Refuge 0808 2000 247 (
    Stonewall 08000 50 20 20
    ManKind Initiative 01823 334 244 (
    National Centre for Domestic Violence 0844 8044 999 (

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question