Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q135: Someone has sent me an email that contains indecent images of children, what should I do?

    Possession of indecent images of children is an offence, as is the manufacture and distribution of them. You should not forward the images to anyone, even the Police, it is a very serious matter.

    The Internet Watch Foundation have a facility for reporting indecent images of young people and they can decide whether the image is illegal and will report it to the police if necessary. If you have any serious concerns over indecent images of children then contact your local police.

    Please see related information for a link to the Internet Watch Foundation's website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarHalf StarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites