Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q124: The dog next door is always barking, what can I do?

    You could speak to your neighbour about the problem as they may not be aware it is happening.

    Unless there is any evidence of the dog being mistreated then the RSPCA will not be able to help. If you do believe that the dog is being mistreated, you can contact the RSPCA via their telephone number 0300 1234 999.

    The noise could be classed as a noise nuisance so you would need to report it to the Environmental Health department of your local authority.

    See the website in related information to find your local authority.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites