Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q114: Some rubbish has been dumped, who do I ring to remove it?

    If the rubbish is on private land then it is the landowners responsibility to remove it. The council can come and remove it but there will be a charge.

    If the rubbish is on council land then you should contact your local authority to come and remove the rubbish.

    You should not try and remove the rubbish yourself if you do not know what substance has been dumped, as it may be harmful.

    See the websites in related information to find your local authority.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question