Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q113: I know someone who is fly tipping, what can I do?

    You should gather as much information as possible. The type of rubbish being dumped, where and when it was dumped, and then contact your local authority (normally the Environmental Protection Department). If the amount being dumped is a very large quantity then you should report the matter to the Environment Agency.

    • National Customer Contact Centre (NCCC): 03708 506 506.
    • The Environment Agency: 0800 80 70 60

    If there is a large amount of rubbish being dumped there and then, please contact the police with as much information as possible including descriptions of the people, vehicles involved and registration numbers because in extreme cases the police can take action, although they may choose to work with the local authority Environmental Protection Department.

    See the websites in related information to find your local authority.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question