Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q1099: I have found an injured animal, who can I contact?

    If you find an injured or sick animal, you can phone a local vet who will be able to provide advice.

    If you wish to catch and transport the animal, a vet will also be able to advise you how to do this safely. See the link in Related Information to find a local vet.

    For larger injured wildlife, phone the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 and do not try to catch the animal yourself.

    The following animals cannot be handled or transported by the public:

      • an injured deer
      • seal
      • wild boar
      • otter
      • badger
      • fox
      • snake
      • bird of prey (including owls)
      • swan
      • goose
      • heron
      • gull

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    Not yet rated

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites