Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q1096: How can I / my solicitor / insurance agent obtain a copy of a collision report following a road traffic collision?

    Not all collisions require officers to complete a collision report.

    In some instances a collision report will not be released until the police file has been finalised.

    If you are a solicitor or an insurance agent, you can apply on behalf of your client for a copy of any existing collision reports the police have.

    People can also apply for collision reports or request details of third parties involved in a collision if they are representing themselves in civil proceedings.

    Information on how to make a request and details regarding costs can be found on local police force websites. See the link in Related Information for force contact details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites