Q101: What is 101 and when should it be used?
You should call 101 if you want to talk to your local police officer, get crime prevention advice, or report a crime that does not need an emergency response, for example:
• if your car has been stolen
• your property has been damaged
• you suspect drug use or dealing
• you want to report a minor traffic accident, or
• you want to give the police information about crime in your area
Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact your local police force online, this link will take you to a list of all of the police forces in England and Wales and their relevant online contact forms.