Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q973: What can I do about people who park in my parking space, car park or on my land when they aren't entitled to do so?

    If you rent the land, we would suggest that you speak to the landlord/council with a view to them taking action. If you own the land, you could consider employing a private parking company to issue parking tickets. However, practically speaking, using the law to deal with unauthorised vehicles that are parked on private land can be both time consuming and expensive. Usually, it is far more practical to take steps to restrict access using gates/barriers/fencing etc., to ensure that only those who are entitled to enter gain access. If the gates/barriers/fencing are damaged, then it may be possible to take action against those responsible for the offence of criminal damage.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question