Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q874: Now that the paper counterpart to my driving licence is no longer valid, how do I hire a car in the UK or when I go on holiday?

    The following link explains the process you need to follow:

    How to share your driving licence information.

    You can obtain a code via the link below:

    In order to use the service you will need:

    • Your driving licence number (Thanks to DVSA for the photo)

    N.B If the image does not display, you can view here.

    • Your post code
    • National insurance number – you can obtain this via the link below:

    Each code is valid for 21 days and can only be used once.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question