Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q777: When should I use the 101 number and where is it available?

    101 is the number the public should use when they require police assistance in non-emergency situations. By using this single, easy-to-remember phone number, a recorded message will be used to connect you to your nearest local policing team. It is a national service and is available throughout England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland

    This service can be used to report any non-emergency crimes such as - reporting untaxed /stolen vehicles, drug dealing and for any other enquiries relating to crime in your area. If the 101 service is not available in your area, you can select an alternative contact number at

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question