Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q664: I have had an accident with a foreign vehicle, what should I do?

    This information has been reproduced with the kind permission of the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB).

    • If the insurer's name is known check the MIB website for any Green Card Agents who will handle the claim on behalf of the foreign insurer.
    • If the insurer's name is not known, contact the MIB's Green card department on 01908 830001.
    • if the accident involves a foreign lorry, take a note of the registration plate from the front of the lorry (there may be a different number on the trailer) as well as the policy and Green card numbers.
    • For security reasons, we can't reproduce a Green card here, however, the numbered boxes relate as follows:
      3- validity dates
      4 - Green card number
      5 - Registration or chassis number
      6 - Category and make of vehicle
      7 - Policy holder and user name and address
      8 - Insurer's name

    For more information see website in related information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites