Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q631: There is some graffiti/fly posters all over a wall on my street. Who should I contact to get it removed?

    You should contact the local council for the area where the graffiti or fly posting has taken place.

    If the person/organisation is known then it may be possible for the council to issue penalty notices and a 'defacement removal notice' (in Wales this is a 'graffiti removal notice' and applies only to graffiti).

    If it is on council owned property, or if it is offensive/racially abusive, the council may be responsible for removing it. If not then the council may be able to advise you who to contact or remove the graffiti at a charge.

    See the website in related information to find out your local council's details.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites