Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q55: I have bought a perfume that I was told was Chanel and it isn't...what can I do?

    If the retailer informed you that the perfume was Chanel, sold it to you as an original and you paid a reasonable price (so as to make you believe it was genuine), then you should contact your local Trading Standards department. They will take up the complaint on your behalf. Although the retailer could be said to have obtained your money by fraud, Trading Standards are the best people to deal with these matters.

    This principle applies to most consumer purchases and therefore these factors can be considered when purchasing many products.
    It is worth buying such products from reputable stores to avoid potentially harmful counterfeit products. To find your local Trading Standards office and to find out if a company/brand is genuine please see the websites in Related Information.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites