Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q533: Can my car be driven by my friend if he has a fully comprehensive policy that allows him to drive other cars if my car is not insured at all?

    If you are the registered keeper of a vehicle you must make sure your car is insured or you must make a Statutory off Road Notification (SORN). This means that if your friend is using your vehicle then it can't have a SORN and would therefore have to be taxed and insured. Additionally, any driver would also need valid insurance cover for their use of the vehicle.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarHalf StarStarUseful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites