Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q522: Can I find out a result of a court case that I was not involved in?

    Yes, as long as the verdict was given in open court you can find out the result of a case (in Magistrates and Crown courts). There may be some time limit involved in when the courts will be able to pass this information on due to practical difficulties, i.e. if you ring up 6 months after the court date they may not be willing/able to look that far back for the result.

    If the case is a high profile one then the procedure may differ and there will be stricter restrictions on cases involving juveniles.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information