Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q476: There are kids on quad bikes/motorcycles riding up and down the field near to where I live and it is very annoying - what can the police do?

    If the land is council owned then it is unlikely that they will have given permission for the youths to ride their quad bikes on it. If the youths are appearing on a regular basis on the field then contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team via 101. Community Support Officers are a valuable source of information and the team may be aware of other incidents or the identity of the youths involved.

    The police have a number of powers to deal with the use of such vehicles, these include the seizure of the vehicle under section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (Power to seize vehicles driven without a licence or insurance) or section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 (seizure of vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance).

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites