Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q475: Kids are driving up and down the road in cars and I don't think they are old enough to drive, can the police help?

    You should contact your local police force via 101 and provide them with as much information as possible. For example, the names of any youths involved, a description or the registration numbers of the vehicles. The earlier you contact the police regarding the incident the more chance the police will have of catching the individuals.

    The police have a number of powers to deal with the use of such vehicles these include the seizure of the vehicle under section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (Power to seize vehicles driven without licence or insurance) or section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 (seizure of vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance).

    The cars used also often have no insurance, tax or MOT. If you are aware of where these cars are being left then contact the police so they can be towed away. You can report nuisance motor vehicles to your local police force via their 101 non-emergency number.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites