Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q439: Someone has parked their car outside my house and I can't park my car there.

    If the car is fully taxed, insured, isn't causing an obstruction and is not in breach of any parking restrictions, the police can't take any action. A car can park on any road (restrictions permitting) for any length of time. However, if the car hasn't moved and has been in situ for a number of weeks, then it may have been abandoned - you can report abandoned vehicles via the link below:

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question