Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q249: I have found a dog, what do I do?

    The police no longer have responsibility for stray dogs.

    You should contact your local authority and ask to speak with the local dog warden. The dog warden has a responsibility to collect all stray dogs that are found in a public place.

    The RSPCA will not go out and collect stray dogs.

    See the website in related information to find your local authority.

    Can't find the answer? Submit a question

    Current answer rating


    How useful did you find the answer?

    Do you still need to contact the police force?

    What is your location ?

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites