Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q214: I missed the deadline for payment of the fixed penalty notice by a few days, what can I do?

    You will need to contact the police force that is dealing with the matter directly and ask to speak to someone in the Fixed Penalty / Central Ticket Office – you can do this by:

    • Calling the 101 non-emergency telephone number.
    • Using the 'contact us' page on their website – please see Q727 for a list of links to police websites.

    If you experience any difficulties with contacting your force via the above methods, we suggest you visit your local police station to see if they can help.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    Related information

    Web Sites