Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

Q206: I have got a speeding ticket and I want to see the photographic evidence, can I?

Most forces will not release photographic evidence unless the ticket is challenged (plead not guilty). You should then be sent the evidence, which will usually include the photographic evidence and/or a statement.

Any person accused of a criminal offence has the right to defend themselves and in order to do this, evidence of the breach of law must be provided to them. There is no requirement as to exactly what that evidence must be, only that it is evidence of the breach of the law and that you will be able to have a fair hearing.

You will not then be able to pay the ticket; you will have to attend court.

How useful did you find the answer?

Current answer rating

StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

If you can't find the answer? Ask a question