Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q193: Can I have an interpreter if I have to go to Court?

    Yes. If you are a witness, you can are entitled to have an interpreter present. If you receive a letter notifying you to attend court, it should contain a section about interpreters and other special requirements. If you did not receive a letter contact the Witness Care Unit who will be able to arrange an interpreter for you.

    If you are a defendant and you had an interpreter during your police interview, the police will inform the court that you need an interpreter. If you did not have an interpreter during the police interview but feel that you need one for the court appearances, you should inform your solicitor who will in turn notify the court.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question


    Web Sites