Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q143: I have been assaulted by my ex partner/partner, what should I do?

    If you have been assaulted and want to report it to the police, even if you do not have any visible injuries, you should contact your local police force and report the incident.

    If your partner or ex-partner has assaulted you, and you are 16 and over, this will be treated as a report of domestic violence; the police have a responsibility to take positive action to reports of domestic violence.

    For more information on this topic, please see questions Q108 and Q109.

    Some other useful telephone numbers are -

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question