Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force

    Q140: Someone has attacked me because of my race, what can I do? / I have suffered from a racial incident, what can I do?

    If a victim feels that they have been attacked because of their race or religion then that is a racial incident/hate crime. There are a number of specific offences that deal with racially motivated incidents. The police take reports of racial incidents very seriously and if you feel you have been the victim of a racially motivated attack then contact your local police force.

    Example: A throws a brick through B's window and shouts offensive comments about A's race/religion at the same time.

    For more information please see the websites in related information. There is a link to the 'Help for Victims' website and a Youtube video guide to the website.

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating

    StarStarStarStarStarQuite useful

    Do you still need to contact the police?

    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question

    For police non-emergencies dial 101
    Related information

    Web Sites