Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
  • Explore Popular Topics

    Q109: I am frightened of my partner, he/she is violent, what can I do?

    You can make a report to your local police who have specially trained officers who can offer help and support. You should report any assaults or acts of violence to the police so that action can be taken against your partner. The police have a responsibility to take positive action in reports of domestic violence.

    The police are aware that speaking out about domestic violence can be very frightening, they will do their utmost to ensure that they provide all the help and support you require from the initial report through to any possible court proceedings.

    For further help and information please see links to websites in related information.

    Some other useful telephone numbers are -

    How useful did you find the answer?

    Current answer rating


    If you can't find the answer? Ask a question